Friday, January 28, 2011

Snowpocalypse, part II?

The snow here is fantastic, so beautiful .... and under heavy snow is the only time that NYC slows down to match the pace of life with most of the rest of the world. Which is nice.

Check out the snow from out the window on Thursday morning ...

I had previously written about how bummed I was to be missing the massive snow storm that shellacked the East Coast in late December while I was in California, but that disappointment is completely gone right now because New York has gotten quite a bit of snow lately ... in fact, this is a new record, as we have gotten about 36 inches of snow in the last 30 days. I love it, but I am a rare one here ... people are getting very tired of it. And it certainly hasn't helped with parking, particularly around work, where the people in the neighborhood have taken to walking into cleared out spots to keep us Einstein folks from using the few available parking spots.

Sunday I get to go snowshoeing ... should be a fantastic snow pack and a great day. More about that later.



No comments: