Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yet another reason my wife is awesome!!!

So I collect swords, have been for about 15 years now, shockingly, even to myself. I think I probably started when my grandfather brought me a "Siamese samurai sword" (an appellation I now know is not real) from Thailand, and it just kind of kept up. I am sure my love of fantasy (Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings, etc ...) fueled this hobby ... but it is still surprising to me that it has lasted into adulthood. At this point I have 8 swords and sword like weapons (if you count the WWII bayonet I inherited from my grandfather) ...

What is even more surprising to me is that despite her humor with my pre-adolescent hobby, my incredible wife not only supports my sword collecting but encourages it. I mean how many women do you know who would let you get this and put it up in your bedroom?

1 comment:

Koffman said...

Holy crap. Aviva has set a new level of wife-awesomeness!!! That is amazing! You must bow to her.