Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome back

So its been a long while since I last wrote, around three months or so since I posted what I thought was a fascinating discussion about the effectiveness of Prozac ... but that is so July. A lot has happened in my life since then, and that very busy-ness has been what has kept me from writing here more often.

I went to a wonderful conference in DC about the kind of grant I have from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, which was both inspiring (because of the wonderful people I met and the view of where my career could go) and terrifying (because it was very clear about the amount of work and time I will have to put in just to have a chance at getting there).

I spent a wonderful weekend with my Dad in southern Vermont, near Grafton and Saxtons River, hiking in Jamaica state park.

I went to the Jersey shore (for the first and likely last time) with the Buchmans to celebrate Bucky and Tanya's 40th wedding anniversary. Awesome.

Went back to Vermont to for Amy and Max's wedding and got trapped in the wonderful Inn at the Round Barn when Hurricane Irene turned the state into a pool.

Attended Christines beautiful wedding in New York.

Spent two weeks in London, Paris and Scotland before attending Alex and Kathys highland wooding on Loch Tay in central Scotland.

Went back to Cherry Hill for a wonderful (as always) Rosh Hashanah.

Went back to DC to give a seminar at NIDA. It went really well :)

Joined a synagogue (Sha'rei Tikvah) in time for the Jewish holidays and spent Yom Kippur and Sukkot with our wonderful new congregation. They are all a tad incredulous that we joined before we had kids.

And, all of a sudden it was mid-October and I had not spoken to any of you in forever. I can't promise anything, but lets try not to do that again.

No comments: