Saturday, June 29, 2013

And suddenly half a year has passed ...

Woah. That was fast. Soren is six months old. It blows my mind how quickly it went by, yet I can go and look at the pictures and the blog and think back and see how much has happened ... but it still seems so, so fast.

Anyway, Soren had a great, and busy sixth month ... which is part of the reason I have not written anything for a while. It seems like every weekend this month was booked up, and that every week was a struggle to recover from the weekend. I don't think I realized until recently how much impact the kid has on every single thing you do, and how, despite all of your planning and preparation, the tiniest thing can spin all your careful prep out of control ... I am not thinking of anything in particular, although the wonderful wedding we went to this month in Vermont comes to mind ...

The wedding was in Woodstock. Ted and Sara, two friends from graduate school, were getting married after a long courtship and the wedding was about as kid friendly as a wedding was ever going to be. So we thought it would be the perfect 1st trip with him, and it was ... having said that, the drive up should have been 4 hours, but took 8, and the drive back, again 4 hours, took 9. Turns out Soren does not love car rides longer than about 2 hours ....

Anyway, we did a lot of other great stuff this month, but I would rather show than tell so ....

... if it is possible, I got even cuter ...

 




I got much better at this eating thing, by now I have eaten avocado, zucchini, pear, apple, tsatoi & garlic, kale, blueberries, peaches, parsnips, broccoli, turnips and my favorite, YAMS!!!! I love YAMS!!!! and rice cereal ....





I went on my first hike with Mommy and Daddy, 


I got to go into the city, hang outin Bryant Park with Zayde and Daddy and Koffman, and eat Korean food ... or at least watch everyone else eat it.  to see Mommy get an award from NYSPA ...




I went to the Norwalk Aquarium with everybody for fathers day. Julia showed me all the pretty fish !!



I got to try on a bunch of hats ...




I got to visit with Uncle Eric & Aunt Rhonda ...


 ... and of course Zayde was here ...


... and Savta & Grandpa helped me ring in my 6th month in style ...


.... and I made a new friend Hannah when we went to visit Rachel and Scott.


I also spent a lot of time in the water, because Daddy gave me lots of baths, which I love ...



... and because I got to go swimming with Daddy!!!


No comments: