Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I'm Back

So this summer, starting around the beginning of July, I kind of went on hiatus. I know, I know, the world almost came to a stop and the three people who check my blog each day were bereft of 30 seconds worth of reading material ... anyway, I know I have been away for a while, but in all fairness, quite a bit happened to us this summer.

I got married (the fabulous photos are from Langdon photography, they are amazing!!!)

We went on a mini-honey moon to central West Virginia, where we hiked and relaxed and the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay in Rockhall, Maryland (to the right is an image of the resort at Stonewall Jackson Lake, where we stayed at a resort in central West Virginia and to the left is a picture of me eating too many blue crabs in at our own, personal all-you-can-eat crab fest Rockhall).

I got a paper accepted to the American Journal of Pathology (we actually found out the paper was accepted during our mini-moon, making the week extra special).

We bought a house and moved into it (down to the right is the view from our terrace).

I spent an intense week at Cold Spring Harbor learning about the Cellular Biology of Addiction and made a number of wonderful new friends.

I found out my paper is on the cover of the American Journal of Pathology!!!! (the cover photo, human macrophages infected with HIV in the presence of dopamine, is on the left).

And last, but definitely not least, I submitted a huge grant.

And this is in addition to all the big stuff Aviva did, and all the great little things (sold some photos on-line, made some great new friends in our new complex, got some very difficult assays working, etc ...). Its been quite the summer, and I have to say, when I thought about all I was going to have to do before the summer it seemed like a lot, but it felt like a lot more when I was doing it. Anyway, at some point I lost the ability to blog (and to work out and really to do anything but move boxes and write) so you have all been without my witty insight for a while, but now, I think I am back and I look forward to getting back to sharing my life with all of you.

No comments: