Friday, September 21, 2012

Random, interesting thoughts from September

Between the pregnancy, the high holidays and the XCIS (Tenth International Catecholamine Symposium) in California last week, life has been pretty busy. Added benefit of XCIS was getting to spend the morning with Dave, Emily, Ethan and Allison and getting to be with my Dad on his birthday in Carmel. He, Peg and I spent the a wonderful Saturday evening and Sunday with my Susan and Bruce at their beautiful new place in Carmel, ate fabulous sausages and homemade apple pie and went for a beautiful walk on the beach in Carmel. Incredible sunny 75°F day, got me thinking that area was gorgeous all the time - meeting which follows was 4 freezing, fogged in days at Asilomar where the weather did not get above 60°F and foggy.

The pregnancy is still going fantastic and at six months Aviva still looks radiant.


Rosh Hashanah was really fun, we were down in Cherry Hill for a couple of days. It was a little close to the XCIS (I had only been back from California for a day and a half), but still great. Wonderful food, excellent company as always - my nephews and nieces are ultra cute and multiplying like crazy right now, there are four and soon there will be five of them plus Baby G.






In my in-between times I have been doing a lot of reading, and not just about neuropharmacology but also many blogs about politics (as I think everyone is doing) during the electioneering times - best reality show ever really - and some other things. Here are a collection of the stories that I have found fascinating in the last week.

The question on which the election turns? A poll looking at what people are really thinking about when you ask them if they are better off than four years ago.

Fire tornadoes... awesome.

    

Gender Selection ... a) this is crazy because it is almost science fiction, b) this is an insane amount of money to spend, c) I did not know America preferred girl babies.

A very odd story about cancer patients.

The real reason I want (and probably should not get) and iPhone 5.

























No comments: