Monday, January 28, 2013

What now passes as normal?

Since everyone left and the stream of visitors has slowed down over the last week or so, Aviva and I have kind of gotten things back to normal. But not really normal normal - I am afraid that normal normal is gone and will never come back. In its place we have the new normal in which we find ourselves existing today. We are both very tired most of the time, and there is an increased stress level around (probably due to the exhaustion, but also due to the fact that we have this other little person to worry about) ... I cook a lot more than I used to (which was already a lot), and we eat a lot more meat than in the past. I am told that work will get back to normalish, and its not like I am not putting in the time, but I am kind of hazy all the time, like someone dropped a thin, wet blanket over my brain and all the impulses I have are slower because they have to make their way through the blanket. Still, things are progressing pretty well and watching Soren grow every day is a really wonderful and exciting adventure.

Speaking of our little terrorist (I call him that because he has taken over our house and kidnapped my wife), he had his one month doctors appointment today, and I am happy to say that he is a totally normal, healthy, happy 1 month old. He now weighs 8 lbs, 12 oz. and is 22 inches long. His head still looks a little oblong, but I am told he will grow out of that - and if he doesn't he will be a distinctive guy for the rest of his life.

Here are some pictures of Soren doing whatever he does (he really does not do much yet) over the last few weeks ...


His favorite activity


After a bath (he is not yet a fan of baths) in his shark robe


 In the mamaroo under the beautiful blanket that Dave and Lindsay sent us


Shabbat is exahusting


In his new play gym



He really loves the football hold


In his owl sleep sack


No comments: